Friday, 27 August 2010

Page Breaks/Layout in Diagramming Applications

Is it just me that hates them? Every time I run up the Java Swing version of GraphEditor the first thing I do is remove the page layout. What's the point of restricting the amount of available space the moment you start an application, is the idea to make sure the printed version comes out correctly? If so, with laptops and tablets now commonplace in meetings (printing from an iPad would be nice Apple), I suspect printing is in decline. Corporate environmental policies tend to see to that, as well. The other thing is, isn't the computer supposed to deal with details like this for us? How about diagramming application default to maximum screen size by default and intelligently sort out printing for us (by which I mean avoid vertices and text being split between pages and zooming as appropriate)?

No comments:

Post a Comment